Nestled in a secluded neighborhood, offering retirement living options for seniors and only a few minutes away from large shopping centers and restaurants, makes our community the ideal place to call home.Astoria Health and Rehab provides short-term, sub acute care and long term skilled nursing care for those who need help attaining or maintaining their highest physical, social and emotional well-being. In addition to these services Astoria offers a specialized rehabilitation community for seniors that seek short term rehab to home. Upon admissions to the unit a therapy team along with a doctor will assess your rehabilitation needs and develop a customized treatment plan. The plan will be implemented by a highly professional therapy team with your goals in mind. When you’re not with a therapist or down in the gym rest and relax in your own private room and enjoy your favorite shows on a LCD TV or call a friend and share your progress…the phone service is free.
Other medical services on campus include physician, and psychiatric consultation, podiatry, dental care, pain management and emergency services. Physical,
occupational and speech therapists, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, social workers, activity therapists, hospice staff and case managers work closely with the patient and family to achieve a common goal of maximum dignity, function and well-being. This goal is to renew life’s special moments through a continuum of care in an atmosphere of “being home with friends”.
We also offer Assisted Living services.
For a complete list of our managed care contracts, click here. If you don’t see your plan listed here, we are willing to discuss your eligibility and can assist to find the best option that will meet your needs!
- Advance therapy program called PATHWAYS
- A wellness program to help individuals maintain mobility, self-care & flexibility
- Recreational Therapy (Community excursions, pet visits, games, music, entertainment, etc.)
- Skilled nursing services with Licensed professional 24 hours a day whether a brief or extended stay is required.
- Nursing services featuring: IV, nutrition & wound care teams, respiratory treatments, feeding tubes & pain management
- Hospice and palliative care for comfort (including medical, social, spiritual psychological and emotional support.
Specialized Features & Contract Services
- Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care certified rooms
- Respite care to relieve caregivers at home for up to 30 days
- Special security features for each individual’s safety
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Free WIFI for Residents and Families
- Foreign language translation available
- Care plan team to meet with patients and families to review progress, concerns, and goals.
- Contract services available by appointment to all: Physicians, Lab, X-ray, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Pharmacy, Dental, Eye & Counseling Services
Accelerated Care Plus Program
Accelerated Care Plus is a program that allows our therapy team to address a number of clinical conditions with effective treatment interventions. These conditions/interventions include contracture reduction, pain management, wound healing, fall prevention, muscle re-education, and incontinence improvement. Outcome analysis has demonstrated significant and consistent improvements utilizing the ACP modalities.
Whether it’s for a scheduled surgery or an unexpected illness or injury requiring hospitalization, our dedicated medical team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists and other skilled caregivers are focused on achieving positive outcomes for your recovery and to get you living well again in your home or other setting. We specialize in the following Post-Hospitalization Recovery Programs:
- Complex Wound Care
- Dietician Monitored Meals and Consultations
Our medical team’s mission is to be at your side every step of the way on your journey to recovery and living well again! Our medical staff’s primary goal is to assist you in regaining and attaining your highest level of physical function possible. Our patients and families are a vital part of our care team. Together we make the journey possible!Our Transition-to-Home program sets us apart from other rehab facilities. Throughout your stay with us and during your plan of discharge our team of Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists, Social Workers and Dieticians provide you and your family with education, resources and post-discharge instructions.
Safety, medication management, nutrition, maintaining your strength and performing daily activities of life can significantly impact your ability to maintain progress at home or in another setting following discharge from our facility. Our team will stay in touch with you following your discharge to see how you are doing and answer any questions you may have regarding your post-discharge instructions. Our aim is to help you maintain your rehab momentum!
Recover Well. Rehab Well. Live Well. At Astoria Health & Rehabilitation Center, we know Living Well Changes Everything!
If you have any questions about our services, programs, the admission process, payment options or any other question, don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Coordinator at Admit.firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact our Administrator directly at email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or require any assistance.
We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment below about your experiences, our facility, or a message to a family member. We will be sure and pass the message along!